July 4

2019
A happy fourth!
A smoky drive home
Through a firework procession,
The freeway display.


A walk in the nabe
Longfellow House and the 5th little free library in a half mile radius of home

Longfellow in what remains of the old amusement park

A midday rabbit

A well-earned cooling drink
Minnehaha Creek/Falls after yesterday's gullywasher
2018
Lavender and labyrinth...2 of my favorite things
Last day with these guys
2017
Today's walk...
A tiny shadow,
A trembling chevron. I look up.

It's a butterfly.
Maroon umbrella
Shading woman in white pants
And long sleeved white shirt.

2016
Yesterday...

They ask for my news,
Faces brimming with their own.
I was sitting down.

After the Skype call,
Even the truck traffic seems
Fringed with happiness.

At the Eubank ramp
A prairie dog colony
Snubs the idling cars.

Honoring endings
(A new moon ceremony);
Celebrating life.

I get up to watch
The morning feeding frenzy.
It's a must-film scene.

2015
Tillamook Cheese Factory
Waiting for breakfast,
White cheddar on potatoes,
At Otis Cafe.
Waterfall loop drive:
Abominable traffic
But lovely hikes in.
Steam Train Museum, Portland

In Portland
We are flying in
To Albuquerque, dodging
The lightning and rain
2014
2013


So much happiness
From such a small simple thing.
Fresh sliced tomato.
2011
Before I owned dogs
I liked fireworks. But now....
Enough already!

2010
Independence Day
Should be a day of freedom.
I'm still cleaning house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 26

January 23

September 12