June 28

2019
Random stuff in Iowa City and McDonough County
Visiting in IL and IA
Beer not beet
2018
Watching the sunset
Skies that never quit
2017
Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
Botanic Garden Butterflies and Brew event

It's impossible
To share the immensity
Of these native trees.
Each Hour is a Gift

This morning I hear
Warbles, flutes, twitters, and cheeps:
It's a bird riot.

Behind a huge frond
In the Bird of Paradise,
A bird's silhouette.

They lick my limp hand
And I doze, slowly baking.
The water's chillin'.

2013
From Tamara Grybko
Cervantes on a Friday. What a great way to wrap up my time with the library. Best colleagues, ever! I'll miss you all...Thanks so much for so much fun!

Save your soda tabs:
I think there's a future here!
Hours of amusement.
Three favorite things:
Ann, Allie, and the ocean.
Worth a thousand words.
2010
"Packed in like sardines,"
He mutters. Who eats sardines?
Yet, we understand.

Walked through the garden,
And did an impromptu dance:
The spider web hop.

Shiny silver lines,
Scribbled, glowing, on sidewalks:
Overnight slug trails.

You cannot cut back
Intrusive raspberry canes.
Harvesting comes first.

Pix from the deck of the Alaska cruise ship in May
2009
THe perfect day to hang out my hammock: D's Christmas present to me. Only 6 mo in the box. zzzzzz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 26

January 23

September 12