April 30

2019
Should have walked when there was more snow
Coziness. I’m not a couch potato, I’m a dog perch.
When what to my wondering eyes.....last day of April surprise.
They whined in the night
And I ignored them and slept,
Waking to whiteness.
The ground was bare brown.
Nature shares a white blanket,
A chilly kindness.
No sign of quitting;
I plan for a cozy day
Starting with coffee.
2018
Tagged along on the O’Keeffe landscapes tour
On my first morning,
I wake to the rooster’s crow
And fading color.
2016
A tower of cream puffs. I never knew something so beautiful existed.
2015
He posed so sweetly,
With his green metallic skin.
He's still a fly, though.
2014
Brown head, black body,
Aggressive at the feeder.
A cowbird, I think.

2013
Want to find out why Bruckner's 8th symphony is nicknamed the "Apocalyptic Symphony"? Come and hear us on May 19th at 2 p.m. at the NHCC.

Humane conducting:
"Strings, adapt....they need to breathe."
Sounds reasonable.

My stand partner wrote
"Terror!" at the beginning
Of the last movement.

2010
The bus accepts them 
 But signals "drop off only." 
A mixed message, right?

While I'm squished between 
 My fellow bus commuters, 
 I think of bedbugs.

2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 15

August 5

July 29