July 7

2018
None of that rain reached
Our poor parched ranch and forest.
It’s all a big tease.
2015
Spicy, savory,
A tad bit medicinal:
Scent of sage with rain.
2014
Haiku to a frustrating day

I fight with State Farm.
The final call ends thusly:
"You guys are assholes!"

Then I drink good Zin,
Make a garlicky pesto
And talk of music.

Now, I listen to
Another bathroom cricket.
I'm indifferent.

The nighttime feeding:
"I wonder if his ears itch
Like mine do sometimes."
2013
Um, uh...well you see...
We went to the Ranch Market,
And...words fail me now
2010
At home drinking tea:
Summer colds are really wrong.
Anachronistic.

2009
Called in sick today and just realized that everyone's going to think I stayed home to watch the funeral. Didn't. I swear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 26

January 23

September 12