July 6

2019
I have the most amazing friends!
Issa Noor video

Humiliation,
Then a sense of a reprieve:
I shouldn’t be here.

Picture of an illegal alien: turned back at the border. But after the lecture about lying and the scary consequences thereof (“how old are you?” “Don’t you know you’re supposed to tell the truth?” “Read this paragraph (in a huge lawbook)” “you can be fined and imprisoned.”) they then turned nice and gave me Kleenex.
I can return, just not as a house sitter. Apparently Canada considers it to be a job, even though I don’t get paid, and I need papers (which they won’t give me.) But I’m not forced to stay at the airport or sleep on concrete or otherwise get tortured. I’m not a refugee. But I still feel like pond scum, unwanted.
My passport has been confiscated for my overnight hotel stay in Winnipeg, and I’m returning to NM to figure out if this is a sign from the gods that I should settle down like a good little girl.
2018
Goodbight sweet prince...
2017
Long mournful howling,
Coyotes from the foothills.
I bring the dogs in.

After a hot windy day
I doze through the hours
After my late morning swim.

2016
Popcorn fills the sky.
I wake a little too late
To see their colors.

2015
Encircled by grey,
With blue and white overhead.
I beat the storm back.
2014
It is unexpected,
A deepening purple edge...
And then it is gone.
My attention veers
From the grey crimson-edged clouds
To the bunny's dash.
2013
Walking, post nightmare...
My spirits float along with
The hot air balloons.

Morning inversions,
Inverted floating teardrops:
Cause and effect.

2010
Post Holiday Commute

I bail on the walk:
Now riding the cheater bus,
Head hanging in shame.

"Here comes the RIVER!"
She encourages her tot.
"Ready?" I sure am.

I look out and see
They've started crossing the bridge.
I just slow them down.

Accompanied by
The scent of my weekly rose,
I approach my desk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 26

January 23

September 12