March 5

2019
Wightwick Manor, Shropshire
PreRaphaelites
Rosetti
Interiors and Kemp windows
Billiards score keeping and balls
DeMorgan tiles and ceramics and the gallery
William Morris in situ
Victorian and “Old English” (pseudo Elizabethan) exteriors
2018
Shopping and eating in Gjovik
I need more yarn. Well I don’t need it but isn’t it pretty?!
A lemon fromage...not cheese, not cheesecake, more like a posset. Extraordinarily yummy
Grenache Gris...who knew?
Easter door stops.
The tulips are real. Thanks Phyllis Teague for finding this place: Lasse Liten Kjokken and Bar
2017
Shared by Val Sivilli
I met an amazing woman when I lived in Taos the winter of 2015. Her name is Kari Hauge She is exactly my age, a librarian and embarking on a journey not unlike mine when I changed everything and gave up Civilian 2 years ago.
Kari will be retiring from being a Librarian at UNM, and becoming a nomad for a while. She is looking for housesitting gigs across this planet. If you are looking to have your house taken care of when you are away, have plants, pets, etc... she is your woman!
This is her schedule thus far. You can see where she will be, and where and when she is available to look after your house.
March-April: finish up at Taos, move the last of my stuff by April 30. Fill my car trunk with the possessions I'll be taking with me (violin, clothes, electronics, cooler).
May 1-11, unscheduled
May 12-20: sister trip to Minneapolis
May 28-June 10: Santa Rosa CA
June 10-23: un scheduled, but hopefully I can visit Esther for some of that time. And then I need to drive south for...
June 24-Aug 20: Claremont CA
Aug 20-Sept 5: unscheduled, but I'm hoping to stop by Portland to see friends and family. Cousins Erik and Rachel and baby Violet are supposed to be around at that time too, but if I miss them I can see them at my next house-sit in...
Sept 7-Oct 5: Tavistock UK. There will be some breaks during the month, and I hope to get up to London a few times.
Oct 6-Dec 16, unscheduled
Dec 17- Jan 17: Uedahara, Nagano Prefecture, Japan.
January 28-April 28: Gjovik, Norway.
SAFE TRAVELS EVERYONE!

Posted by Jack
2013
What's a girl to do
When a frog thinks he's a prince?
I do not kiss frogs.
2009
is distressed at the signs of a dead creature in her house, esp since the evidence is only olfactory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 26

January 23

September 12